Monday, April 7, 2014

호박: Le Petit Prince

I said it, and I did it!

Here he is world, my little furchild Petit 호박 (Petit Hobak or Little Pumpkin).




He's been with me for about three days now, and I'm already in love! He's the cutest little thing. He was a little shy at first, but he's slowly warming up to my place and me. 

I adopted him from the Animal Rescue Korea group. His mom had been abandoned at a vet's office in Jeonju. We think she had been abandoned when the owners realized she was pregnant. His mom then was fostered by someone in Yongin and posted about the kitten as soon as they were born; he has three other siblings. I originally wanted his brother, who is black, because I had been wanting a black cat, but someone else adopted him. I wasn't going to adopt Hobak because I was being stubborn about having a black cat. I then realized that it was about rescuing him and giving him a loving home, so I changed my mind ...and I am glad I did!

By the way, I had been so stubborn about getting a black cat that I even went to the Chungmuro "Pet" Street looking for one. I went into a few pet stores, and it made me sick to my stomach. Those places had puppies and kittens that were way too young to be there. I can't believe how ignorant people can be to buy their pets from there. Please, please rescue your pet!

Anyways, I couldn't be happier to have him with me. I would really like to start socializing him with other pets as soon as he has all his shots. He will definitely need to know how to be around dogs 'cuz Bambino, my chihuahua back home, will freak out when he meets him. 

On other news, cherry blossoms are everywhere!


at DWU

near Seokgye



near Seokgye

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment